Thursday, April 22, 2010

my first road traffic accident!!!

Today's been a long, tiring day.. It all began when we planned to went out for sushi king bonanza today because its the last day of the promotion.

So, we went to Boulevard at around 4 pm. I was driving. it was just starting to rain very heavily at the time we entered boulevard. then, ate loads of sushi for like an hour. then went shopping a bit here and there.

then, we were going back. it was still raining even though not as heavy as before. Its just like any other after-rain weather, chilly and cool. we were planning on taking naps and all that. then, I drove up the flyover. I took the left lane as the car on the right side was going really slow. I remember glancing at the speedometer, and the needle was before 60 kmph. then! I saw a car lying in the middle of the road! the distance was quite far. I pressed the brake, however, my car skidded a bit and its not stopping at all. I remember crying out "omg, the brake's not working!!" and then Amy, Mel and I screamed as my car crashed into the car's back side. Its a really scary and terrifying feeling, watching with your eyes wide open as the crash happened. its like the second stopped and you're feeling helpless, like you can't do anything at all to prevent the crash and your body and mind just went paralyzed while your foot stepped on the brake as hard as you can.

I remember feeling my legs shaking like a huge glob of jelly, my hands trembling and my brain was just fried, I dunno what to do or whatever. and after the parasympathetic drive kicked in and calling my parents, I just burst into tears. I dunno, I was not feeling sad or anything, its just all the mixed up emotions -> fear, worry, not knowing, guilt, thankful etc etc just came crashing down on me.

apparently, my car was one of the 8 chained accident that happened at the flyover. sometimes I have regret, like why did I chose the left lane, why did I went to boulevard etc etc. But, overall, I'm just feeling really, really, REALLY grateful that Amy, Mel and I are safe without any scratch. and I'm really, really, REALLY thankful to Amy, Mel and Sarah for taking care of me and accompanying me through getting the police report done and getting my car into a workshop.

Oh, just wanna share my police report experience. 1st, came in and took the number. there was like, 8-10 people before my number. turned out each report took like 30-45 minutes to be done. so yeah, its reaaaally tiring and boring to wait there for our return. then when my number was called, had to tell all the story to a grumpy old policeman. printed out the report, then had to re-tell the story to a, i dunno, traffic investigator?, then, got a summon for the crash (damn!, its SO not my freaking fault!), then was told to make copies of my insurance and what was is? green paper? green card? oh well, its something green. and had to submit them to the police station and the work shop for insurance purposes. gosh! all the procedures are really really tiring. please drive carefully and pray that you won't ever get into an accident.

though, this experience really taught me that, malang tidak berbau, you wont see the crash until its head-on, anything can happen, and you just have to live more because anything unpredictable can happen just anytime and anywhere.

and thankfully I'm still here and I still have the opportunity to take my final exam and all. SOOOO have to pass!

oh, and I haven't really finished filling in the hospital allocation form. stress @.@

anyways, its really cliche-ish, but seriously, live your life a meaningful life!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

noy..sian ko..huhu..trok ka ko xcden ya?huhu..xda cedera pa2 la ho?