Thursday, April 29, 2010

Interview

Today, we had the interview with SPA people. This is so far my 2nd interview. My first one was for substitute teacher. My dad was the Education Officer in Mukah, so he said my sister and I should just go for this interview just for practice. and boy, was I pretentious. On answering why do you wanna be a teacher, I started answering stuff, like oh, I love knowledge and spreading the knowledge. I would also like to provide the future generation with quality education so that there will be a better future or perhaps achieving world peace yada, yada, yada.. Oh well, its a good practice I guess.

Anyway, my interviewer today was Dato' Salim, he's a nice guy and made my interview really casual and calming. My session was less than 5 minutes, I think. At first, he greeted me first! So I went in with a smile and all, then he asked me about my exam, am I nervous about the exam and the interview. Oh, the interview started with Bahasa Malaysia, however, he kinda mixed it with English sometimes , like he asked me "awak nervous ke pasal exam?" I was like (having read some blog about previous interview about the interviewee was told not to use mixed language, I was a bit apprehensive) *...omg, how am I gonna answer this...*, then I just blurted out, "adalah sikit-sikit" XD Then he told me that I shouldn't be nervous too much, and gave me tips about reducing nervousness.

Then, he wanted to assess my English, so we proceeded the rest of the exam with just English. First, I was asked about what specialty that I'm interested in pursuing. Then, he asked me about what current issue that I'm interested in. So I answered about the H1N1 pandemic stuff. Other than that, just little questions asking my co-curriculum, my parents' jobs, etc. Then he continued with assuring me that I'd pass this interview and that now I just gotta concentrate on passing my final professional exam, and then, the end. I said thank you and felt glad its over now, and thankful that I had such a nice interviewer ^^

No comments: