Tuesday, September 1, 2009

trip to home and back again

I seemed to have lost my interest in updating my blog. Probably because after the exam, I kinda like, "let it all down". I have rested, slept like a log, and wasted my time online and watching drama or movies. it was all stress-free~

and last weekend, I went back home. overall it was fun, though I couldn't really be as free as when I am here, because at home, I still have to do chores, unlike here where I can procrastinate all I want :P. Also, I've been busy with my 14-month-old niece, who can already walk, run and babble some words, she's getting smarter and even naughtier, its really hard to chase her around the house! like a quote inside my paediatric guide book, "You can learn many things from children - how much patience you have, for instance - Franklin P. Jones". Apparently, I dont have much of it, so its something that I'll have to learn more.

Also, yesterday was Malaysia's 52nd Independence Day aka Merdeka day, with the theme of 1 Malaysia this year. Merdeka is when Malaysia was freed from British invasion. Blood has been spilt, and a lot of effort and sacrifices were involved in the process. I don't think there's enough empathy which we can express that is equal to how difficult the whole Merdeka process really was. Without all the sacrifices and all, Malaysians wouldn't be able to experience such freedom as now. I'm not really good at history but I understand the basic of it XD.
Still, some stupid Malaysians decided to think that freedom in Merdeka is the same as freedom to waste themselves, to be free from all the moral restraints. Merdeka is celebrated by getting wasted with alcohol, drugs and social gathering of nothingness. I dunno, I just hate the youth today, the ones who cant think higher than the basic survival instincts of eating and mating, who followed every single thing the media redeemed as "cool" regardless of the consequences. well, I think everyone knows how this species is.

So, when my 16-year-old sister decided to go out to celebrate Merdeka with a couple of good-for-nothing watsisface and watserface, god, I was pissed off. I was worried till I couldnt sleep. i felt like a protective mother. gave her some talk after she came back, hope she'll change for the better.

why do I hate those idiots so much? its because:
a. they don't have the will to learn, they are too content with what they have, they have no self-motivation to improve themselves (this is where "stay the same" song doesn't work)

b. they are too weak to peer pressure and a slave to the so-called coolness (their definition of cool = hate school, study as little as possible, laugh at people who do nice things or study and call them "geek", destroy your body as much as possible - smoke! drink! drugs! sex!, be stupid, look stupid, feel stupid, eat stupid) kawan mkn taik ko pun mkn taik juak!

c. they follow everything they watch on TV (content same as point above)

there is a thin line between being adventurous and being stupid,
also a thin line between having fun and being stupid.

parents don't let their kids out late at night to prevent from bad things happening to them (self-destruction, rape, fights, murder, etc), not because they are narrow minded or they dont want the kids to have fun or "mengongkong", like we've heard a lot from the stupid people's excuses. even though our parents are from different generation, the human nature hasn't really changed much, only even worse now. parents have been teenagers before, they understand. been there done that!

and I'm not advocating to make TV our enemy, or dont ever watch TV! its just that we have to have some sort of a filter, to sieve through, learn to avoid the bad influence and follow the good ones. just like fashion, what may look good on other people doesnt mean it would look good on you. so, think wisely!

and have the freaking courage to say NO to those pesky peer pressure thingy. i know its hard for most teenagers, thats why i said courage is needed.

or perhaps, stupid people exist to complete the hierarchy of the ecosystem. if there are no losers, there wont be any winners?

anyways, nice guys always finish last. thats kinda like the rule of the world.

another long post from me. I just cant stop myself from talking about those people. Anyways, those are just my honest point of view. I hope I didnt get stupid being caught up in my own thoughts and eliminating other possibilities. If I was wrong, enlighten me.

Together we decrease the incidence of stupidity!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOW agreeing with ya!!
wish my lil sibs READ THIS and change for the better too~~

Liyana said...

lol, yeah, we always pray and hope that they will change and improve themselves. like I love to say, I can give them all the advice in the world but its only they themselves who can change themselves.

Waranator said...

All generalizations are wrong.(even this ^_^)
ps: happy merdeka nyway.

Liyana said...

what generalization do you mean?

Liyana said...

btw, i wasnt really hating all uneducated people or all teenagers. what I hate is when people don't have the will to change and improve themselves. and people who wouldn't listen to other people's advice or opinions and selfishly indulging in their own stupid ideas. (like, whatever opinions people have, we should just listen, THEN we can decide whether to use it or not). I don't mind people trying to improve themselves, like school dropouts trying to get jobs by signing into courses or whatever. better late than never and its a bonus that they have the effort to "fight".

oh, mahesh, happy merdeka to you too ^^