Friday, September 18, 2009

Can you resist The Resistance?


Just finished listening to this album. Its quite good for me, not extraordinarily great like the previous Blackholes and Revelation and Absolution.

all in all, I love Matthew Bellany's vocals, the main signature of Muse. their music is awesome and different like always. and their lyrics, well, they're weird and unique like the usual Muse stuff, in a good way of course. they're mostly singing about morales in scientific metaphors with playful tones. and somehow, quite a lot of the songs in this album are about an evil lover? as in Undisclosed Desires, I Belong To You, MK Ultra, and some of the Exogenesis: Symphony.

there are 3 parts of musical like songs, Exogenesis: Symphony. those 3 parts consisted of a cool fusion of classical orchestra, rock and electronica genres. singing about one theory of creation? where we are? when we are? just the most asked and unanswered questions of all time. they also sang about exogenesis or panspermia, hypothesizing that all living creatures in the universe originated from the same source. for more information, read The Deception Point from Dan Brown XD. I'll love anything related to astronomy :P

Resistance is cool! the first opening felt like you're floating in the middle of the space, then comes the piano, which is so cool~ I think its my most fave song in this album!

United States of Eurasia has some middle-eastern music? felt kinda like in Aladdin or Prince of Persia or something. Its really cool ^^

however, I found MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection and Uprising quite boring. Like I have to force myself to listen to them to the finish and they didn't make me wonder whats next in the songs and of course, it didn't make me want more of the songs, thus, me ended up forcing myself to listen to them.

or perhaps, they're just not the song to listen after a day of classes XD
so, all in all, I'll give it a 4/5 stars. Maybe if I could listen to them more and understand all the lyrics, they'll all be funner? XD

Just a-whatever-review from me :P

No comments: