Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Aidilfitri memento

Hi there, we're still in the month of Syawal. So, Selamat Hari Raya to all muslims. its the day to celebrate our success after fasting, and also to ask for forgiveness from each other.

Forgiveness, when you mean it, when you regret the wrongs that you have done and when you want to reconcile with someone, you ask for forgiveness. its easy to say something thats meaningless, and when you really mean it, you'll feel the happiness the moment the other someone accepted your apologies. its quite a touching moment.

My raya celebration was really blissful. I've celebrated it with my parents and beloved family which I'm usually far from. Sure, our family is not perfect, and we have crises, but my love to my family is endless, especially to my parents who have made PRICELESS sacrifices for all of us. its really sad that some children have selfishly taken their parents for granted. its unbearable. I like to see things from different perspectives, like, from the victim, from the culprit, from the police etc etc, but I couldnt seem to understand the point of view from children who couldnt appreciate their parents, good parents who love and care, who are the very essence of their existence and who have supported their life. but human in general are weak, some children fell into peer pressure and all, thus forgetting all there is about family and life value. all they think about is themselves. they never learn to put themselves in their parents' situations, they just wanna have fun, they dont care if they're hurting other people. selfishness, irresponsibility and narrow-minded, a mixture of a stupid and weak mind. and a stupid person will never say they're stupid, thus bringing awareness to them is a tough work. all we can do is give them advice, hope they can understand and realize and pray for them to change.

and religion, why is religion important? because it sets rules for human ever so weak morals. I'm not saying atheists are immoral people. but I believe religions are like the core and mould in forming an individual. the rules are made for good reasons, they're always to bring benefits to the religious worshiper, and to prevent bad things from happening. different religion has different rules, but all in all, the rules are made for that same reason of protecting humankind. believing in god brings peace and confidence to any religion worshipers. we pray because we're thankful that we're alive, we pray because we're grateful of everything good we have in life, we pray for strength to go on hardship, we pray for forgiveness of what we did wrong and regret, we pray for a better future for ourselves and people we love, we pray for good things to happen and bad things to not happen in the future that we cant control. we pray for a lot of things from our Creator. we are insignificant beings in this whole universe. thats why we have to search and find the meaning of our existence.

anyways, in this Raya spirit, I'm still having a little bit of homesickness. I miss my family and my house so much! I'll never stop loving my parents and I will do my very best to make them happy. I appreciate what they have done to me since I was in my mother's womb, I cant think of anything that is even close to repaying all their sacrifices for me and family and I thank god for giving me the awareness and guidance. I love you mom & dad! you're THE best of THE best!

also, in this beautiful month, I really want to start to change to be a better person and a better Muslimah, yeah I've broken some rules and all, I'm not a good Muslimah at all. so from now on, I'm trying to improve myself little by little. so, I hope I can improve and be better in everything there is in life.

1 comment:

Abby said...

such a touching post. well done my dear.. *sob sob*