Friday, March 12, 2010

Family-friendly Facebook

yeah, seriously, one distant cousin/aunt added me as their friend, all the extended family came rushing to add me as their friend. its like a domino effect! soon I'll have the whole extended family in my network! like, seriously, I don't really know you that well. Sorry, I'm not really a family person, as I actually spent most of my life away from my original home. and I see those people like once in every 1-2 years. and I'm always with a smile.

And, its quite annoying, some of them are just getting to know me, asking why I was so different. Like, seriously, I show my true self only to my nuclear family and my close friends. And everyone does that, like the level of showing your true self is different to the level of how well you know someone.

And I don't get people who like to add people they don't know. Also the people who like to have as many friends as possible in their network, like its some kind of competition to see how many friends you have. Maybe its just a way to imaginarily to make them feel popular or something. And don't get me started on those idiots with lame pick-up lines. We'd reject them in a knee-jerk reflex.

Anyway, thats all. bye~

1 comment:

THREE said...

yeah its kinda awkward when family/relatives start adding you up and go "OMG kenak nya tok jadi camtok... biula masa...?" - like hello, (1) it's not like these people knew me so well to begin with; (2) years pass, people are dynamic, they grow into something else sometimes...

LOL @ lame pick up lines...

And I second that opinion about friend-count-competition as failed attempt to look popular... unless if its for Mafia Wars or smthg... otherwise, its just pathetic.