Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stress: the outcomes

the ophthalmology and A&E exam is 3 days away. Its SOOO stressful!
So, when I'm stressed, there are 3 outcomes

1. hit rock-bottom
I'd bring my stress or sadness to the lowest level of all. and this is when i'd feel like crying even though its just a small matter thing. so yeah, I'd be extremely sad and devastated, where i'd feel hopeless and useless. and I'd cry my freaking eyes out. like, let it ALL out. after all the tears has been dried up, I'd feel a LOT better, and I would rise above once again.

2. fly up-high
Hum...this is when I'd channel all the negative energy into one huge energy. I'd do kick boxing (this really works if the stress came from someone..hehe), dance, sing out loud, run, and last but never the least, RETAIL THERAPY!

those two methods above would require quite some time. so, if i dont have much time to mourn or go crazy, i'd choose the last method, though this is quite difficult

3. analyze problem and do things that would optimize my performance the most
so yeah, think about the problem, analyze my solutions, and think that I've done my very best, this is the best I've done and accept that failure is always the outcome of everything. So, with the thought of "omg, I havent read this and this, how can i pass this? oh, its okay, i'll just study as much as I can and fight the exam paper as hard as I can, and if i failed, i know i've done my best, so its quite ok.", i'd do okay. of course its not 100% okay, but its better to do something and fail, than do nothing and fail. some people would say, "well, if we're sure that we'd fail, why bother trying??"

i'd say, if I've given my best effort and yet I'd still fail, it sucks, but it'd suck more if i didnt try. the "what if" questions would haunt me. like some people have said, the regret of NOT doing something is worse than the regret when you did something regrettable.
so yeah, this will make me realize that i have to work my head off to beat the exam as much as i can. oh and sometimes stress or some problem would obstruct your thinking, and you'd start thinking immaturely towards the problem and then acting immaturely of the solutions. like you wouldnt realize this, but someone else would. so, it'd help a lot to analyze the problem from different perspectives, and the problem might be actually only a small matter that can be solved with a simple solution! (this feeling is so great, like you can breath again XD). and if its worse on the different perspectives, you can always work your brain for more solutions.


so, these are the ways i manage my stress. it varies with people though. some would prefer walking, fresh air or a cup of tea to take their stress away. its better to handle your stress, and move on with life (like the overly used phrase of Life Goes On :P) than to let it drown you, and making you more useless than ever.

No comments: