Thursday, May 20, 2010

Venus went to the car clinic

For the last few days, my car, Venus had been sick! Whenever I brake, there's a screeeeeching sound, which was really loud and annoying.

So, I had to bring her to the Proton edar service center. So, I had to wake up early because my appointment was at 8am. I got there, talked to the person there about my complaints, and she said I had to wait. So, I waited... and waited... and waited! Then someone called me telling me that they had to replace "whatever" and "whatever" so it'd take a longer time and that I had to wait till noon! @.@ So, I read every newspapers they have there, every magazine, drank 3 cups of tea with a sandwich that they have prepared, and walked around looking at cars. Then I got really bored and sleepy I took a nap on the sofa!

So yeah, after 4 freaking hours waiting, I was told that Venus has undergone some operations and that she's safe now. Then, I was told again that they had to replace the brake drum and cylinder and started to explain stuff about the mechanism that sounded gibberish to me. lol

Anyway, anatomy of a brake! (yes, I'm super bored and I googled this)

This is the brake drum:


and this is the more detailed anatomy of the wheel cylinder:


credits: images taken from here


So yeap, glad that she's ok now~~~ ^^

No comments: