Tuesday, May 24, 2011

post holiday paradox

I just got back from Labuan! My parents and I are sending my little sister, A'in to Labuan Matriculation College (LMC).
Its really fun and enjoyable. I love being with my family, being just another human than a lifeless houseman. Besides, its with my family that I can just be me, the real me.

So, Friday evening, I rushed back home from work, packed my clothings and my housemate sent me to the airport. Its such a joyful moment when I saw my little sis and parents. God knows how I miss them soooo much!

then we went to Labuan, reached there around 9pm. We stayed at Mariner Hotel. its a pretty okay hotel there (since Labuan is full with small, small hotels). Then, everyday was really hectic. We had to go shopping for my sister's matriculation things. then, we had to shop for souvenirs to bring home. then, we had to shop for ourselves~ shopping with my mom's really great! I got a rm100+ Italian silk cloth for just rm65! her bargaining skill is really amazing! hehe

then, when we reached LMC, its really nostalgic!!! the lecture halls, and the tutorial rooms, they all remain the same..just a minor changes here and there with the cafes, and the ageing of the hostels.. the matrix really brought back memories.

but the change is the kids nowadays. strolling with iphone, laptops and netbooks.. I remember 6-7 years ago, I was using nokia 3310, with no laptops or internet. we're still using diskettes for our assignments and we have to queue up to use internet and computer in the library. lucky kids nowadays!

I'm a more of a family kinda girl, so I love being around my house and my family. I remembered feeling homesick whenever I left home. its a really tough thing to adapt whenever I'm far away from home. then, upon saying farewell to my little sis, I couldnt help but to shed tears because its just really sad.

then, we shop for some more, then went back to Miri today. I feel kinda sad when sending my parents to the airport. I really miss them soooo much. their presence really calm me down and de-stress me.

view from the entrance!

in front of the library!


with dear A'in

Bas wajib budak2 KML!
now,  I just feel really sad, because of the drastic change... the happy, care-less holiday, ended up abruptly and now I have to go back to the harsh reality of stressful work. I have a full blown blues right now. cant believe I'm almost 25 and I still have homesick like I was in secondary school. maybe sometimes, some part of you just wont grow up, huh?

No comments: