Saturday, January 30, 2010

sabishii! kanashii! sushi!

Just now, Mel, Amy and I went to have dinner at Sushi King @ The Spring. It was about 8.45pm~9pm when we got there. It wasn't really a full house just now, but to my huge surprise, as we walked to some empty seats, the sushi belts were frigging EMPTY! like, omg, whats going on in there? We were a bit apprehensive, however, we though we could just order some sushi or something. Then, the fiasco began. First, the waitress completely ditched us. We sat there, waiting, no drinks served, no one wanted to take our order, until we had to call for them for quite some time (also, some customers behind our seats complaining about the slow, bitchy waitresses who were obviously ignoring some customers' calls). We waited for almost 30 minutes, the belts were still empty! There were 2 chefs working behind the sushi kitchen, however, from what I've observed, they were slow and not much productive (if it was Gordon Ramsay's Hell Kitchen, he'd screamed and cursed and shut the whole restaurant if he had such lousy chefs!). I don't think this has happened before from my experience dining there, I wonder if this really happens often?

such emptiness!

really empty, only wasabi!

yes, look at me, I'm taking your picture and the empty belts, showing how incompetent you are. be thankful you're wearing that mask!


We were really getting antsy for waiting for too long, when a waitress finally answered our call. She then explained, if we were to order sushi now, we had to wait for about 20 minutes because there was a long waiting list, and if we wanted to order something from the kitchen, it would probably take less time than the sushi. yeah, right - I said in my heart. then, the head chef yelled "sushi orders stopped now". then, I asked her, wth happened to the emptiness of the sushi belts? (well, I didn't really actually said "wth" XD), then she said, its because there were too much orders, that the chefs weren't able to make any more sushi for the belts. how f"cking ridiculous. honestly I was getting pretty mad at that time. I thought it was because of the incompetent chefs (and obviously waitresses) that there were no sushi on the belt, thus, forcing people to place orders, thus, rendering the incompetent chefs failure to increase the volume of sushi. then, of course, we got up and left.

Seriously disappointed at such lousy service. I felt really unfortunate to like sushi so much, with not so many casual sushi restaurant here. Really hope this will never happen again in the future, or I'll be swearing off Sushi King :P

3 comments:

Henrietta said...

go Rakutei at Crowne Square. their sushi are waaayyyy better. and their service too. :)

THREE said...

wow... thats strangely suspicious. then again last time i went to sushi king was dec 2009.

and what kind of lame excuse is "too many orders so the chef cant make enough for belt"?!!

i wonder if boulevard sushi king is still open? i know boulevard kenny rogers is better service (and taste) than the spring one.

Liyana said...

hen: oh, really wanna try eating there!! ^^

sitie: yup, boulevard sushi king still open. I've never eated in kenny rogers in boulevard though, and yeah, its service at spring is quite slow :(