Sunday, November 1, 2009

me: a rusty tinman

haha! just now, Amy and I went to play badminton at Setapok badminton court. I wanted to do some sports since its been a while that I exercise (the only exercises I'm getting these days are walking to the hospital and climbing up the stairs). so yeah, I asked Amy to play badminton with me.

It rained sooo hard this evening. I actually just wanted to play badminton in college, out in the open, but because of the rain, we had to go to the badminton court. So, we played for an hour for a $10 and we bought a shuttlecock, the cheapest one there is there! ($3) and we laughed at ourselves for looking so amateur (like seriously, there were loads of athletic looking guy, with super big sports branded items (nike shoes, adidas t-shirts, etc etc) with super expensive branded rackets with rackets cover, while Amy and I were holding our old, worn (cheap?) shabby rackets (no fancy covers) and 1 cheap shuttlecocks, and my sport shoes weren't even sport shoes!)

anyway! when we started playing (amateurly, with sounds of expensive shoes squeaking around, and loud smashing of shuttlecocks between the seemingly athletic players) its really fun! I love the endorphins released during exercise (specially when you're playing your favorite sport!) however I got breathless in 15 minutes (like seriously, the 70-ies old men on the court beside us looked like active robots that would never get tired!), proof of me having lack of exercise. we got 2 rests in between, and we persevered. yay us!

now that I've rested for a bit, I kinda feel like my muscles are aching. tomorrow morning I will definitely be like the rusty tinman, having not oiled my hinges since forever. and oh, I forgot to mention, we didnt do any warming up because we're just too excited to start playing badminton..haha!


oh and, also, amy, mel and I are planning to go jogging at dawn tomorrow. I really hope I can wake up on time XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cis~ i end up jogging ALONE!! huhuhuh..Gosh~~ i wanna play badminton or volley or netball~~ T.T

Liyana said...

(darn, I had to retype coz of internet prob)

haha~ sian~ so sorry, aku tstay up late playing PS, and my body aches like crazy. next time lets men badminton k~