Tuesday, October 13, 2009

going to the battle

well, thanks to the realistic and superb CG of epic battle scenes in LOTR, it has really made me feel like I was in there. it made me kinda wonder,

like, how does it feel to prepare and go for a battle? for a war?

Do you feel scared?
Do you feel empty, rid of all emotions and ready?
Are you ready to accept that death is an option?
Are you ready to sacrifice yourself to protect your land or people?
Are you ready to swing your blade or shoot your arrow to those orcs and evil people?
Can you defeat your enemy?
Can you be defeated?
How long can you last before someone strikes at you?
How does it feel to die in honour?
Will we win?
Will we lose?

Its kinda scary isnt it? (Well, for me, anyways) The feeling of going to the battle, to your death. Though if you're pretty invincible like Aragorn or Legolas, will you feel really confident? and like to face and fight the really disgusting and scary looking Orcs or Uruk-hai or trolls who like, kill then eat you? I'd like to be the wizard though, if I was Gandalf, I'd definitely use lots of magic to defeat the enemies.

Anyways, yeah, enough being in the fantasy world! I wouldn't want to feel those fears. We should appreciate our freedom and independence more.

No comments: