Saturday, June 13, 2009

Arthurification

Hi, I've finished watching some TV series lately, because these first 2 weeks are quite light for us.. hehe
and, I've finished watching Merlin. Its about, well, you know, the Arthurian tales. It differs quite a lot from other versions of Merlin stories that I've watched before. and yes, I do have some interests in those kind of fantasy epic stories. Anyways, this Merlin is about the young Merlin. The story's quite good, though the special effects were not quite at par with LOTR (that'd be really hard to beat though), you can really see that the creatures are fake, and their movements are like some creature made of lego blocks trying to move. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10.

anyways, I really like Prince Arthur~ *so cheesy of me to swoon over a prince XD* yeah, he's a prince, handsome, strong and arrogant. oh, and rakyat-oriented. what a lovely combination XD. and he has this kinda weird misalignment of his upper teeth, but weirdly enough, that made him so much more cuter! i just cant fathom how such a flaw makes him all the more perfect! *kyaa! fangirl mode*. and the english accent! plus the way he swings the sword! *melts* XD

anyways, I read his interview on his character. Bradley James said something like "One of the appeals of playing him is that he is not really perfect. He is not a noble figure to begin with. He is not a so-called hero, and he is not good for the sake of being good. There are flaws to him," and "He will be King one day. So he would not dare allow his friends to see a weaker side. He's expected to be a pillar of strength. There's a stubbornness that comes with that and as a result he is not able to sympathize with other people."

I think i can relate myself to that personality. well, obviously I wont be a King, but I love feeling strong. I dont show the weaker side of me to just anyone. hum..maybe just sometimes XD. and sometimes people said i give cold facts or act without sympathies. Its not that Im not able to sympathize, heck, I have empathy towards people. its just that facts are facts, maybe its just their fault for not being as strong. thus the question is asked "why cant you understand how i feel?" and I'd have to reciprocate, "why cant you understand how I feel?" then again, how is this understanding thingy can be balanced? who should understand who?? well, i guess, people should acknowledge that there are unique and different traits in other people that maybe they cant, they dont have to accept those traits, however, they should acknowledge the existence of those traits and respect them accordingly.

and im not perfect, im well aware of that. but confidence is such a beautiful thing~! ^_^

anyways, due to my obsession with Merlin, here is some footage of Colin's and Bradley's video diaries on the set. I SO love watching those video diaries! they're SOOO funny and cute! *fangirl mode again XD*



p.s: please watch Prince Arthur's/Bradley James' teeth X3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!!they are so adorable!!!!
geram nyer~esply when arthur complain "oo..everybody loves merlin..he's nice..bradley james?dun worry bout him..wutever~" so demn cute! *_Melt_*

Liyana said...

i know! time die buli colin tu pun klaka!! yg colin mouthing something tu!! he's so mischievous! kyaa!! X3